Initiation and metamagic houserules
Cap initiation, cap max number of quickened spells, but make quickened spells more durable
These rules are canon for my current campaign.
- Normal characters have a maximum initiation grade of 6, and a maximum Magic attribute of 12. Getting beyond that is out of reach for PCs or normal NPCs (barring dragons, immortal elves, Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, etc.)
- If it ever matters, I might add in a way for grade 6 initiates to continue to learn new metamagics. Seems unlikely my campaign will need it, however.
- The total maximum Force of all quickened spells on one person or object is equal to the lowest Magic stat that was used to cast any of the spells.
- Dispelling a quickened spell now only disrupts it. It can be restored via a ritual that takes a few minutes.
- Quickened spells cast on living subjects with a Magic stat “bed in” to the subject’s aura over a period of a few hours. They cannot be detected other than by assensing, and they can be hidden via the masking metamagic power. They can also pass through mana barriers unimpeded.
Last modified July 9, 2020: fix yaml (a59a783)