Posts in 2022
Posts in 2021
Monday, September 13, 2021 in New
Added some suggestions (for discussion!) for advancement houserules that we might like to implement rather than considering character retirement when they become very powerful.
Thursday, August 05, 2021 in New
Add a draft set of combat magic elemental effect trappings. These rules are only for discussion at this time and are not currently canon.
Also add insulative armour to Vehicle Mods. And clarify that weapon turret mods no longer come with free weapons (this aligns these rules with Foundry.)
Monday, August 02, 2021 in New
Added some formal houserule ideas to describe how players can use Bennies during the game for flashbacks. Also condensed game mechanics for legwork and even whole heists using light modifications to SWADE’s Dramatic Tasks.
Wednesday, April 21, 2021 in New
Add some setting notes clarifying what a “modern” firearm is, in the context of our campaign. Also defined rules for “throwback” guns - ones that have no on-board processing at all, so are unhackable and undetectable on the Matrix, but cost more to acquire and cannot use some accessories.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021 in New
- Dropped PAN/s-PAN/WAN terminology. They’re all just “networks” now. No rules changes from this, it’s just a wording change.
- Changed rule to allow sleaze Hacking versus a network being run by a cyberdeck or dronedeck. However, the owner of the ‘deck can oppose the Hacking roll with Notice; if they get a success, they realise the hack occurred.
- Tiny change to Denial of Service attack modifiers; it’s now the same -2 if the target is in any kind of network, regardless of if that network is controlled by a commlink, cyberdeck, or host.
- Changed tacnet rules. Dropped the “Bennie pool” they used to give, instead:
- at start of combat, one character on the tacnet rolls a Battle test
- Success grants an anti-Bennie
- this can be used to force a re-roll on the opponent’s dice
Monday, April 19, 2021 in New
Lots of changes to magic:
- Arcane Backgrounds
- reduce to only two ABs (physical adept and mage)
- reduce to one skill, now used for all spellcasting and summoning - Magic
- remove spellcaster/summoner split in skills and Arcane Backgrounds
- added reckless casting - spend a Benny to cancel 2 points of penalty on a Magic roll
- Added new summoning traditions page
- Small changes to rules for creating spirits
- Old concepts of greatforms/lesser forms dropped
- Added clarification for spirits that use Powers themselves
- New Power for spirits - Accident
- Arcane Backgrounds