This the multi-page printable view of this section. Click here to print.
- Reduce Mod God Edge requirements
- Guns & the Matrix
- Streamline Matrix networks
- Human attributes
- Matrix editing pass
- Cyberskull & torso
- Summoning changes
- Remove skill specialisations
- New "long term project" downtime action
- Added symmetric entropy pools
- New "what's new" section
- Updates – 13 Mar
- Updates – 26 Feb
- Updates – 26 Jan
- Updates – 19 Jan
- Updates – 17 Jan
- Updates – 16 Jan
- Updates – 13 Jan
Reduce Mod God Edge requirements
Reduce the requirement on the Mod God edge from “Repair d10+” to “Repair d8+”. The latter was a bit too high for a secondary skill.
Guns & the Matrix
Add some setting notes clarifying what a “modern” firearm is, in the context of our campaign. Also defined rules for “throwback” guns - ones that have no on-board processing at all, so are unhackable and undetectable on the Matrix, but cost more to acquire and cannot use some accessories.
Streamline Matrix networks
- Dropped PAN/s-PAN/WAN terminology. They’re all just “networks” now. No rules changes from this, it’s just a wording change.
- Changed rule to allow sleaze Hacking versus a network being run by a cyberdeck or dronedeck. However, the owner of the ‘deck can oppose the Hacking roll with Notice; if they get a success, they realise the hack occurred.
- Tiny change to Denial of Service attack modifiers; it’s now the same -2 if the target is in any kind of network, regardless of if that network is controlled by a commlink, cyberdeck, or host.
- Changed tacnet rules. Dropped the “Bennie pool” they used to give, instead:
- at start of combat, one character on the tacnet rolls a Battle test
- Success grants an anti-Bennie
- this can be used to force a re-roll on the opponent’s dice
Lots of changes to magic:
- Arcane Backgrounds
- reduce to only two ABs (physical adept and mage)
- reduce to one skill, now used for all spellcasting and summoning - Magic
- remove spellcaster/summoner split in skills and Arcane Backgrounds
- added reckless casting - spend a Benny to cancel 2 points of penalty on a Magic roll
- Added new summoning traditions page
- Small changes to rules for creating spirits
- Old concepts of greatforms/lesser forms dropped
- Added clarification for spirits that use Powers themselves
- New Power for spirits - Accident
Tiny tweak to the languages and multi-lingual characters; now, “partial” command of the language gives you the language skill at a rating equal to your Smarts die. It used to be Smarts, minus one step. On reflection, the “minus one step” bit feels needlessly fiddly.
Change human racial traits to remove the “free extra Bennie” trait and replace it with “one free attribute starts at d6” trait instead. (I have stolen this from Savage Worlds Pathfinder, and it seems as reasonable a way to make humans at +4 racial bonus as any other option.)
Added some houserules and setting information for languages and multi-lingual characters.
The goal is try and keep some flavour of a multi-linguistic, multi-cultural urban sprawl, and encourage face characters to distinguish themsleves through language skills, while keeping the skill point cost to do so under control.
Matrix editing pass
Substantial edit pass through the matrix section. No big rules changes, just lots of rewording to use consistent terms and explain stuff better.
Cyberskull & torso
Added cybertorso & cyberskull to cyberware.
Some streamlining to summoning
- Drop concept of services, spirits just last some number of hours now
- A raise on the summoning roll makes the spirit tougher instead of granting more services
- Add a reminder to the page about the Power Preparation rule from core SWADE
- Moved all cyberware/bioware/adept powers under a new Augmentations section.
- Set out the difference between cyberware (bought with Implant Points) and Bioware (not bought with Implant Points; instead, acts as a trapping for pre-existing SWADE edges).
- Edges that are available as bioware require a trapping ie. they cannot be taken by normal characters / mages.
- Added the following pieces of bioware:
- Adrenaline pump
- Pain dampeners
- Synaptic boosters
- Bone density
- Overclocked / hyperactive platelets
- Buffed/clarified smartlinks.
- Added improved vehicle control rig.
- Added wired reflexes.
Remove skill specialisations
Remove skill specialisations from Sprawlrunners Skills.
New "long term project" downtime action
Added “long term project” to Downtime Actions. Also added a note about how to roll Savage Worlds dice in our Slack channel.
Added symmetric entropy pools
Added a new McGuffin/plot device that can be used to encypt Matrix comms: Symmetric Entropy Pools.
New "what's new" section
Moved “what’s new” to be a proper Hugo blog. Doesn’t mean much for the site, but I wanted to learn about how Hugo does this.
Updates – 13 Mar
- Add some details about criminal SINs to SINs
- Moved a lot of stuff around on the site; there should now be a three-way clean separation between Sprawlrunners rules, Shadowrun rules, and Setting information that is not system-specific
- Moved Matrix setting info to setting/ section; now the Sprawlrunners section only has rules
- Moved this What’s New? page to be a top-level site page
- Moved all my old Shadowrun Matrix stuff to the archive section, as it’s no longer canon in our campaign and not under development any more
Updates – 26 Feb
- Added wireless jammer to electronics
Updates – 26 Jan
- Clarify Hardening / Firewall stats for Matrix devices.
Updates – 17 Jan
- Small tweaks to downtime actions
- Add a new overview page to the Matrix section
- Reshuffle content in the magic section to a more logical breakdown
Updates – 16 Jan
- Substantial overhal of Matrix section; added “combat decking” page, added actions list, moved a lot of existing content around to more logical places
- Renamed “Occult” skill to “Arcana”. Added a new knowledge skill: Corps.
- Add Etiquette and one of either Fighting or Shooting to core skills. (Character’s choice of which they get.)
Updates – 13 Jan
Sprawlrunners houserules stuff:
- Move cyberware to the character section
- Re-shuffle the ordering of the cyberware edges (it’s now Chromed -> Man and Machine -> Betaware -> More Machine Than Man -> Deltaware)
- Remove Smarts requirement from wired reflexes; make move-by-wire require Veteran
- Add grapple hand to cyberware