Common Matrix actions & how to do them
Short examples of common tasks for criminals
- Spy on phone calls: run Snoop while you have spotted one or more personas on the call. Once you run Snoop, you automatically spot all personas on the call, regardless of where they are.
- Trace phone calls even if you haven’t spotted the icon on the other end of the call:
- have Admin access on one of the devices on the call or place the call from one of your own devices or have successfully Snooped the call
- Probe or Brute Force the device at the other end to get Admin access to it
- Trace Icon (no test required)
- Mess with people’s cyberware or weapons: Spoof/Send Command doesn’t work against cyberware, as the user’s neural commands override any commands send from the Matrix. See instead the options under Matrix Attacks.
- Disable security cameras if they are wirelessly connected:
- With Outsider access: Spoof Command
- With User access: Send Command to loop them
- With Admin access: Send Command to shut them down
- Bypass a host’s firewall via a device that is hardwired to the host:
- Find the port on the device (might be armoured/hidden and require a Hardware roll to open it up)
- Roll Hacking against the device’s own rating, with no Firewall from the Host
- Any access levels you get from this test are applied to the entire Host WAN
- Spot icons inside a host: By default, most personas connected to a secure Host (eg for work) will run silent, so drop off the public grid. Run Matrix Perception test as usual to spot them and initiate a hack.